None the less, here is what's going on in our life:
Brandon is having a difficult time with his job in South Carolina. I'll be ready for it to end, in so many ways, and I think he will be to!!
I'm still working away, as usual. Hopefully, something more will happen in the new year - not sure what...
We're having our Christmas Party this weekend. I've been making menus and grocery lists. I need to go to the grocery store and pick up a few other items (cups, utensils, serving pieces, etc). I'm taking the day off on Friday to prepare all of the food. Saturday will consist of cleaning my house from top to bottom and then Saturday evening is the party! I'm really looking forward to hosting a party. I love having people over!
I have just a few Christmas gifts left to buy, but I still need to wrap ALL of the gifts. Speaking of wrapping, I love picking out wrapping paper. I like to match it to our decorations because in my mind, when the gifts are under the tree, they are decorations too. My husband, however, does not share this feeling. He just wants to buy whatever is cheap. Well, the other day, we were at Hobby Lobby and I found a few rolls of paper that I liked okay. I think there was something like 150 square feet of paper on each roll and it cost approximately $6 per roll. Well, we decided to keep looking because I didn't "love" the paper. Well, then we go to Dillons to pick up a few things and I find some paper there that I really like, almost love! I pick it up, it seems skimpy, so I check the price. It was $6.99 for 15 square feet!!!!! Can you believe that?!?!?!?! Brandon claims this is just one more instance where my "expensive taste" has come in to play, but even I couldn't bare to pay that much for so little.
Also, we're making 80 dozen cookies on Thursday. Yes, I said 80 dozen!!!! Our small group, along with 2 other groups are joining forces to make 80 dozen cookies for a prison ministry at our church. The church hosts a party for kids who have parents in prison. Church members picked out "angels" from the angel tree and bought them gifts. They kids will get their gifts and the cookies during the party. As much work as it could be, I'm proud that we are able to do something to give back during this season. I know it is easy for all of us to get caught up in the parties, the gifts, the travel, etc., but it's times like these when you really have to sit down and think about why we celebrate! It's not because of the gifts, the parties, etc., it is because God sent his son to this earth as a sacrifice for our sins. He gave us the ultimate gift of salvation, so it is the least we can do, to sacrifice a little time out of our busy schedules, to do something to further his kingdom!
Well, I guess my writing juices started flowing! I hope that all of you are safe and warm today!

0 comments:
Post a Comment