12.05.2010

Weekend Wrap-Up

We had another busy weekend, as usual for us.  My parents were in town on Friday so after work, we headed to my cousin's first basketball game of the season.  The game was at my mom's alma mater (SE High School) so we had fun razzing her about her high school days!  The game was supposed to have been a tough one for my cousin's team, but they ended up winning and played a great game!  After the game, we went out to dinner with my parents and then we came home to watch what was left of the Wildcat's basketball game.  My mom and I ended falling asleep on the couch, which is pretty typical for us, so we didn't see the end of the game but the Cats did win!

Saturday morning Brandon had to get up early for work and my parents and I took our time getting up and around.  My mom and I were planning to do some shopping and my dad headed back to Pratt.  Mom and I had a few things we had to accomplish on Saturday including finding me an outfit for the grand opening of the Warren IMAX Theater that Brandon is building (more about this later!).  Let me tell you, we had a horrible time trying to find an outfit.  Either stuff wasn't fitting right or we just couldn't find anything that wowed us.  Finally, on our last stop we found an outfit that I think will work.  Brandon was a little unsure, but once I get it all put together with jewelry, I think it will be very fun.  However, I will wait to show pictures until after the event :)

Mom and I had fun shopping and spending time together.  We always wind up getting distracted and finding things that are not on our list and we always do a lot of laughing!  I am glad she lives close and can come to town to spend the day with me.

After our shopping day, my mom had to head home so Brandon and I just hung out and relaxed the rest of the evening.  He has had a few pretty stressful weeks recently, so it was nice for him to just hang out.  I made dinner, we got our Christmas cards ordered and got a few other little things done that have been on our list for a while.  We capped off the night, dare I say it, cheering for the Sooners in the Big 12 Championship football game.  As much as we don't like the Sooners, we dislike the Huskers even more!!  We joked that this was the first time and most likely the last time that we will cheer for OU.  It is satisfying to us that of the last eight times the Sooners have played in the Championship game, they have only lost once and that was to the Wildcats back in 2003 (this was also the night of our first date..awww!)!! 

Today, we got up and headed to church.  My friend Ali is in charge of the Angel Tree ministry at our church and we have been helping at the table in the foyer for the past couple of weeks.  After church, we had a birthday lunch for one of my aunts and then I had a hair cut and Brandon took a Sunday afternoon nap and watched football.  This was our last free weekend until Christmas so we are definitely soaking up all the free time we have!



Photobucket

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I appreciate your help sooooo much!!! You guys are always there for us. Luv ya!!!

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates