8.07.2012

Even a Mama Needs Her Mama

Little man has been dealing with quite a bit of congestion over the past ten days and it came to a head late last week and into the weekend.  He was feverish and congested and just didn't feel good.  Brandon and I were doing a good job of caring for him together.  That is until Saturday afternoon when I got hit with the bug.  Big time.  It was like all of the sudden my whole body ached, my throat hurt and I was congested.  I went to bed Saturday afternoon -- after I cancelled my pedicure so you know it was real bad -- and have pretty much been down since then.  
{mohawks happen when daddy is in charge!}
Brandon did a great job of taking care of both me and Mason, but by Sunday evening he was ready to call in the backups.  Enter my mama.  She graciously offered to come help out so Brandon could go to work on Monday.  I was trying to keep my distance from Mason so we didn't perpetuate the germ cycle so she took care of him on Monday while I hibernated in the basement.  She took Mason to the doctor, picked up his prescriptions, fixed meals, did laundry and cleaned a little bit.  I'm so thankful for her graciousness and willingness to drop what she was doing to come take care of us.  
I'm heading to the doctor this morning to make sure I don't have anything contagious and to hopefully get some meds to help me start feeling better.  It really is not any fun being sick while being a mama.  I miss playing with and snuggling my little guy, but I know he has been in excellent hands!
{Mason and his Nana -- courtesy of Brandon's phone}
Photobucket

0 comments:

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates