2. What were the highlights of 2012 for you? Receiving "the call" that we were chosen to be Mason's parents, seeing Mason for the first time, finally experiencing motherhood, watching Brandon become an amazing dad, my awesome send off from the Chamber and my transition to being a full-time mom, going to Dallas to watch KSU play in the Cotton Bowl, painting our trim white and updating our kitchen (sounds silly I know, but I really do LOVE it!!), walking through life with good friends, enjoying time with our families, and an amazing KSU football season (even though Mason and I watched all of the games on TV).
3. What are you hoping for in 2013? I'm hoping I can be more intentional in all areas of my life -- as a mother, a wife, a daughter, and a friend. Sometimes I have great intentions, but my follow through isn't always the best. I'm also hoping to become a little more organized around our house and to become a little less of a procrastinator...yep, I have that tendency. I would also like to get more involved at our church and focus on God's will for me in this stage of my life. I also hope my family stays healthy and God continues to bless all of us with another day of life.
4. What were some of your favorites of 2012? (Clothes, movies, songs, TV shows, ) I loved the new black and brown trend in clothing, maxi dresses, nude colored wedges, riding boots, and matte gold jewelry. I became a fan of Duck Dynasty (we watched a marathon while I was on maternity leave and then we were hooked), Nashville, The Pioneer Woman cooking show, and The Chew (another maternity leave discovery). I discovered a love of pesto this summer and it has become one of my favorite kitchen staples. I love Twitter and I'm not afraid to admit it. I discovered the Roasted Marshmallow candle at Bath and Body Works and it has become my favorite scent, at least for the fall/winter months. I loved a lot of the new country music released this year and a few other pop songs but I'm terrible with song titles so I can't begin to say which specific songs. I also enjoyed our fall small group study and our honest and transparent group discussions :) Oh and I also discovered Baby Gap (I can't resist their cute little baby boy clothes!).
5. Who was God to you in 2012? He was my strength and my peace. We could not have gotten through 2012 without relying on His strength to carry us and His peace to fill our hearts.


0 comments:
Post a Comment