I'm in a recipe rut!!!! I feel like I make the same meals week after week, or at least a slight variation of the same meals. So, I'm calling out to all you cooks for new recipes! Send me your favorites and in return, I'll send you some of mine. Maybe I'll start posting the new recipes on my blog (another idea to occupy my "down" time at work)! To start off the fun, I'll post my recipe for baked tortellini (a slight variation of spaghetti and lasagna) below!
Baked Tortellini
1 package fresh 3 cheese tortellini (I find mine in the dairy aisle with the crescent rolls, biscuits, etc.)
1 lb. ground beef
1 large can crushed tomatoes (28 oz. I think)
2 cloves garlic, crushed and chopped
2 T. italian seasoning (or a combination of oregano, basil, marjoram and sage)
1 tsp. sugar
2 chicken boullion cubes
a few dashes of ground red pepper
Shredded mozzarella cheese
Parmesean cheese
In a large pot, bring water to boil for pasta. In a large skillet, brown the ground beef (season with salt and pepper if you desire) and garlic for 6-7 minutes or until beef is done. Drain the fat off. Add the tomatoes, seasonings, sugar, boullion cubes and red pepper. Allow to simmer for 15 -20 minutes. In the mean time, boil the pasta until it is slightly under cooked (it will finish cooking in the oven). Combine the sauce and the pasta in a large bowl and mix well. Pour the pasta into a greased 9x13 baking dish. Cover with mozzarella and parmesean cheese. Bake at 450 for 15-20 minutes or until hot and bubbly.

3 comments:
oooo I'm so going to send you some. I feel like I'm in a recipe rut too - so you'll have to send me some of your favs.
Tessa,
Thanks for the recipe. Judy is suppose to send me a great chicken recipe. I will post it as soon as I get it from her.
Chicken with White Wine Sauce
24 pearl onions, peeled ( I didn't use these the last time I made it)
8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
4 strips sliced bacon
4 pounds meaty chicken pieces
Salt and pepper to taste
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 cup dry white wine
2 tsp. Italian seasoning (McCormick)
2 tsp. bottled minced garlic
Add pearl onions and sliced mushrooms to a 4-5 quart slow cooker.
In a large skillet over medium heat, fry bacon until crispy. Reserve bacon for garnish. Discard all but 2 tablespoons of bacon fat. Season cut-up chicken with salt and pepper. Over medium-high heat, brown chicken pieces on all sides in bacon fat. Place browned chicken into slow cooker.
In a medium bowl, stir together cream of chicken soup, white wine, Italian seasoning, and garlic. Pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 8 hours or high-heat setting for 3 to 4 hours.
If desired, remove skin from chicken. Ladle with white wine sauce and garnish with crumbled bacon.
I use the chicken with no skin.
Post a Comment