11.10.2008

The perfect day...

...for soup!

It was cold and rainy and dreary today. The wind was blowing, the clouds were thick and there was a constant mist in the air. What I really wanted to do was crawl back in bed, but since I had to work, I decided I would pretend we had been home all day, snuggled in our sweats. So, I made chicken and rice soup, caesar salad and cheesy biscuits for dinner and it was perfect!! So, in honor of a cold day meal, here is my chicken and rice soup (I actually stole it from my aunt Sharon!):

1 package chicken breasts
3 carrots, chopped
3 celery ribs, chopped
3 chicken boullion cubes
2 c. water
1 box Uncle Ben's wild rice, 5-minute version

Place chicken in stock pot and cover with water. Add boullion cubes and celery leaves (my bunch was dwendling, so I used the hearts of the celery). Cook until chicken is done, approximately 20 minutes. In the meantime, chop your vegetables. When chicken is cooked, strain the liquid and return to the pot and chop your chicken. Add vegetables and 2 cups of water and cook until crisp tender. Add rice and seasoning packet and cook for 5-minutes. Add chicken back to the pot and cook an additional 5 - 10 minutes.

Enjoy! And, stay warm!! It's finally November!!!

0 comments:

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates