12.30.2008

A New Year, A New Me

This is my personal blog, so I'm going to get a little bit personal today. I've never really been one to make New Year's resolutions because I don't want to set myself up for failure by announcing to the world that I'm going try to do X this year and then not end up doing it. But, this year will be different!

Over the past three years, I've had an office job, where I mostly sit all day and work on a computer or attend meetings. Then, after working a full day, I come home and cook dinner, because cooking is a release for me and it's something I truly enjoy doing, then I tend to want to relax on the couch with Brandon or run errands or do something else to fill my time. Never have I wanted to work out or try to fit a work out into my routine, simply because it is not something I've ever had to do. I was fortunate enough to be able to maintain a fairly manageable weight thanks to cheerleading and dance in high school and walking to and from class in college. But now, I've come to the realization that this routine I've developed is unhealthy and plain stupid. I only have one body and I need to take care of it.

So, this is where my New Year's resolution comes in - I'm going to set a goal to work out three nights a week and stretch every day. I'm also going to be more conscious of my eating habits, especially at work. Instead of snacking on leftover bagels or muffins from a breakfast meeting or snagging a leftover chocolate chip cookie from a lunch meeting, I'm going to pack healthy snacks and only let myself indulge once in a while. I'm also going to start cooking more vegetables. I have always shyed away from this becuse Brandon doesn't especially like vegetables, but I'm just going to fix them anyway. I'm not going to set a magical weight goal because I know it will only bring me down, so I'm just going to focus on exercising and eating a more healty diet and the weight thing should follow.

Another goal of mine, not necessarily a New Year's resolution, is to figure out how to get more organized. I know I've mentioned this on my blog before and it is actually part of that list I made a while back, but I've got to figure out a solution FAST!! I only have so much storage space, so I have to get creative with how I organize. But, as my mom allued a few weeks ago, my cupboards are slightly cluttered, similar to my grandma's cupboards (my grandma liked to keep a lot of stuff around and would stash things in every nook and cranny possible. Right after my parents got married, my mom took it upon herself to organize the cabinets in my grandparent's home....), so that was a real sign that I need to do something!!

We are leaving for Garden City tomorrow, so I hope everyone has a Happy New Year and I'll be back in 2009!!!

0 comments:

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates