4.14.2010

Crazy Love Challenge - Week 1

As I mentioned last week, we were to complete a weekly challenge based on our new Bible study that we are doing with our small group and I promised to report what I learned.  I honestly didn't think too much about it through out last week, but the weekend's circumstances really led me to focus on the eternal God that we serve.  Psalm: 102:12, 27 says "But you, O LORD, sit enthroned forever; your renown endures through all generations...But you remain the same, and your years will never end."  As I thought about those verses, these thoughts came to mind:
  • God was here FAR before I was ever here and he will be here long after I'm gone, so why am I so reluctant to trust him with everything? We all look to wise people with experience for guidance and we trust their opinions, so it would probably make sense to trust the guidance and wisdom of the one who has been around the longest.
  • After the death of our friend, coupled with the death of my cousin last fall, I was really reminded that our lives on this earth are very temporary.  The only constant in our lives is God's love for us, that's it.  We can't count on tomorrow, we can't count on people because we are all sinners, we can only count on God's pure and everlasting love for us.
  • Carrie Underwood's song, "Temporary Home", really drives home the point about this life only being temporary and that God has an eternal home for us in heaven, if we believe.  And yes, I do believe this song is over-played.
I can honestly say I learned a valuable lesson this week and I'm excited to get through the rest of the book.  It really is a great read, even if you don't do the study!

0 comments:

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates