5.16.2010

Just a random post about the weekend


  1. We've been growing strawberries and recently had to spray them for bugs.  I thought I might be able to find a fruit and veggie wash at the grocery store, but I couldn't.  So, I made a homemade (and green) wash today and it was so easy.  Here is the recipe: 1 T. lemon juice, 2 T. baking soda, 1 c. water.  Mix ingredients together and pour into spray bottle.  Spray produce and let sit for five minutes and then rinse with cold water.
  2. I also went to the farmer's market on Saturday (in the rain) and found a HUGE head of romaine lettuce, the biggest grape tomatoes I've ever seen  and a couple of yummy looking regular tomatoes and I only spent like $8.  I will be going back for more!
  3. While at the farmer's market, one of the vendors tried talking me into buying a homemade compressed dog bone that was seriously 3 feet long.  I tried to explain to them that the bone was twice as long as my dog, but he didn't seem to think that was a problem.  I didn't buy into his ploy and thus Koby did not get a homemade chew bone.
  4. We had a last minute yard work day today.  We transplanted three bushes, I mowed the yard (yes, you read that right) and we started to draw up some plans for a little more back yard landscaping and possibly a pergola over our deck.  There is something about the Spring that motivates us.  And, I decided today that yard work or landscaping is "our thing" that we enjoy doing together.  Every couple needs a "thing" to do together, but never did I think yard work would be ours.  Go figure...
  5. We have several other house projects that we need to get done including painting the basement (again) and sprucing up our bedroom a little bit.  We are so thankful for weekends at home to get this stuff accomplished.
  6. We went to Carrabba's for my aunt's birthday today.  It seems like every time we eat at an Italian restaurant, I leave there with a new recipe idea.  This time, it was the entree that my aunt ordered - seared/grilled scallops over a bed of spinach and orzo, topped with a balsamic tomato reduction.  It looked so good that I pretty much had meal envy.  I will be trying to recreate this dish soon!
Okay, that is all.  Have a lovely evening...

0 comments:

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates