7.24.2011

Let's Get Organized, Organized!

(To the tune of Olivia Newton John's "Let's Get Physical")

Getting organized around the house is sort of like a work out.  I mean, it takes a lot of patience and determination to go through the stacks that pile up on the counters or to weed through the coupons that have accumulated over time only to find out most of them expired a month before. But, thanks to this blog, I got inspired to combine all of my piles and lists into one source.

Introducing, my organization notebook (or my trapper-keeper as Brandon calls it...):


This notebook is a one-stop-shop for everything - menu plans, recipe ideas, coupons, to-do lists, coupons and gift cards, monthly calendars and birthday and anniversary reminders.  Basically if it was piled on the counter, it ended up in this notebook.




I found several sources online that offered free printables which helped me to determine the categories for my notebook.  I have listed the sources below, just in case anyone else gets inspired to get organized.  Basically, I looked to see what printable lists, forms, etc. were available and then tailored those items to my everyday routine. The categories in my notebook are:
  • Meal Plans and Recipes (with a pocket folder for recipe tear sheets)
  • Shopping Lists
  • Coupons (with a pocket folder to hold coupons, gift cards, special offers, etc.)
  • To-Do Lists
  • Calendar
  • Blog Ideas
  • Projects and Goals (with a pocket folder for idea tear sheets)
As much as Brandon makes fun of me and my "trapper-keeper", I do plan to use it a lot.  In fact, I might even take it to the grocery store next time I go just to embarrass him :)

  
Notebook Sources:



Photobucket

6 comments:

Kendall said...

Love this! Inspired by BEB and other blogger's like you, I can't wait to get started on my own organized "binder."

mrs.mfc said...

I'm visiting from Blue Eyed Bride. Your notebook looks great! Congratulations on getting everything organized. I'm about to start working on my notebook and I couldn't be more excited!!

Niki said...

I love that he calls it a trapper keeper! haha! Tyler actually loves that I made one. Especially when I let him put the budget in there. ha!

Angie said...

love,love, love your binder! Esp. the coupon section. That's a great idea! I should add that to mine!

Laura @ My Thoughts-Uninterrupted said...

Visiting from Blue-Eyed Bride. So glad it's helping you stay organized. I was glad to get rid of my piles as well!

Unknown said...

Stopping by from Blue Eyed Bride to get inspiration for my own binder in the works! You have a great system! Thanks for the inspiration. :) ~Bri~

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates