I know I still need to post the rest of our Autumn in Asheville trip, and I will. But for now, here are a few mid-week randoms:
- You may be wondering about the status of the Big Move and when I plan to post about the new house. While we are extremely excited to move and have been discussing lots of ideas for the new house, there is still one big problem...we have not sold our current house. We have had several lookers and even had an offer, but that offer was retracted. Most of the feedback we've been given is that the house would be everyone's number one choice if it had an additional bedroom upstairs and a master bathroom, both of which are things we can't change. So, we're still waiting for the perfect buyer to come along and fall in love with our cute little house.
Not having a buyer for our house creates a little bit of a dilemma when it comes time to close on our new house (in a few short weeks) and move because we think our current house will show better with our furniture still in it. If we completely move out, the old house will look a little empty and we don't want potential buyers to think it isn't a cozy home. So, that is where we are on the house front. And just for kicks, here is an exterior picture of the new house!!!
 |
{Don't worry, we plan to give it a little makeover this spring with a new paint scheme and updated landscaping. }
|
- Koby attended his first day of Doggie Daycare last week. We had a scheduling conflict with two house showings so we just decided to try out daycare and see how he liked it. If his snoring on the car ride home was any indication, I think it was a success!
- The Wildcats are 7-0 heading into this week's game against OU. Last night Brandon was watching clips from our victory over the Sooners in the Big 12 Championship in preparation for the game.
- I made a really yummy crockpot bbq chicken recipe this past weekend when Brandon's family was in town so I thought I would share it here:
1 bag frozen breasts
1 16 oz. bottle of bbq sauce (I used Stubb's original)
1/4 - 1/2 c. Italian dressing
2 T. Worchestershire sauce
1/4 c. brown sugar
Place chicken in the crockpot. Stir together remaining ingredients and pour over chicken. Cook on low 6-8 hours. Remove chicken from sauce, shred and return to the pot. Serve on rolls.
- I've been telling myself it is time to rearrange our closets and put our summer clothes away and I keep finding other things to do instead. Tonight, it is on! I'm tired of weeding through totes and making trips downstairs to find something to wear to work each morning. Plus, it will help me do a little packing at the same time :)
- Have I mentioned that I'm in love with the Salted Caramel Mocha from Starbucks? Oh. My. Word. So so good!
- I need suggestions for a good devotional or Bible study. We've been in a rut lately and need some new material at our house. Any suggestions are welcome!
That is all I have for now. Happy Wednesday!
2 comments:
Such a cute house!!! How exciting to be moving. I'm definitely going to be trying that chicken recipe, too. Thanks!
Selling a house in Wichita.
Is.
Brutal.
It's sad, but we're pretty sure our house in Minneapolis will sell faster (someday) than our house in Wichita!!!
I'll keep you guys in my prayers - though it sounds cool, owning two houses is not. :)
Post a Comment