Since I've been home now for five (almost six) weeks, I've made a few observations about life as a Stay At Home Mom (in my case a temporary SAHM):
- I don't get near as much done as I anticipated. I had these grand ideas of completing a bunch of projects while I was off and most days I barely get a shower. So much for finishing art projects for Mason's room (without help anyway), organizing closets, making a bunch of meals for the freezer (thinking ahead to when I go back to work), taking day trips to visit friends and family, etc.
- Our neighborhood is pretty active during the day. One older man down the culdasac takes a walk every single day wearing his suspenders and a straw hat; another lady from the same culdasac walks her dogs every morning before she goes to work and lets her dogs relieve themselves in our yard (grrrr!); the UPS and FedEx delivery men drive like crazy people through the neighborhood; lots of people exercise; we have duck gangs who live in the pond behind us; we have more door-to-door sales people in this neighborhood than we ever did in our old 'hood.
- Daytime TV leaves much to be desired. Thank goodness for DVR or else I wouldn't make it through the day! Between the hours of 10:00 a.m. and noon there is nothing on that I care to watch. Then, between the hours of 1:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m. there is even less that I care to watch. And, I'm the type of person who just needs the TV on for noise, but useless noise is annoying. However, I have come to love The Chew and Ellen (I LOVE Sophia Grace and Rosie!), which I never really watched before (obviously...).
- Errands are more enjoyable...sort of. While I have to really plan out when I'm going to go run errands, I have found that they are much more enjoyable because I'm not competing with so many people like I used to when I'd go after work or on the weekends. The down side is that I now have a baby and sometimes babies don't like to run errands so much. So instead, they decide to cry while you are trying to pick out a greeting card or make a mess in their pants when you are trying to find a cute top or pick up a few groceries for dinner.
- I feel out of the loop. Because my job requires me to keep up with the news, I am used to being "in the know" about all that is happening. However, since I've been home the only news I get is via Twitter and sometimes I only read the headlines and don't click on the links. I also get up a little later than before (which is soon to end...) so I miss out on the national news headlines on Good Morning America.
0 comments:
Post a Comment