Well, my friends, the time has come. I'm starting an exercise class. That's right, approximately two or three times a week, I'll be "jazzercising" my way to a healthier and a little more toned body! For a while now, I've been wanting to do something to get back into shape. My 8:30-5:00 desk job and lack of motivation have taken a toll on me (I don't think I quite realized how much walking I did in college to keep in shape). As I was talking about this with my friend, Dana, I mentioned that I really hate running, lifting weights, working out on the elliptacle (sp?) and the treadmill, but I do love dancing. I also mentioned that I saw an ad for pole dancing that is supposed to get you in tip top shape, but I was too embarassed to do that and I didn't have anyone to do it with. After I was finished, she quickly and very chipperly (I'm not sure that is a word, but for the sake of my story, it is a word) mentioned how much she loves Jazzercise and so much so, that she is going to become an instructor herself and that I should really consider it! As I thought more and more about it, I realized that it really is perfect for me. Given the above lists of "hates", Jazzercise does combine my love for dancing with exercising and becoming more fit. Now, I know when a lot of you think of "Jazzercise", you think old woman stuff. Apparently, they have revamped it and it is really great. Dana is my age and she says her class is filled with all kinds of young women, so I'm going to give it a shot. What do I have to lose (besides a little money...)? And to top it all off, Brandon is excited for me and is willing to pay the monthly fee for me to go. We have thought about joining the Y, but never really felt like we would use it enough to pay for it (he enjoys or atleast trys to enjoy running outside). So, there you have it! My first day is tomorrow. I'll let you know how I feel on Thursday :)
We had a great weekend in Kansas City! The birthday party was fun, the birthday girl was adorable and our time with family was great! Brandon tried all weekend to earn the title of "Favorite Uncle". At one point, he told Eva to continue sleeping if he was her favorite, I guess he won....
Tara and I also discussed transfering our home cleaning products to "green" products. Apparently, one of her friends sells some line of "green" cleaning products and has done a lot of outside research about the air in an ordinary home. Her findings are incredible. Do you know that in an average home, the air can be more toxic than it is outside? I have been thinking about this stuff for a while now. My friend, Kinsey, has also really made me think about how I treat this world that God provided. As a Christian, we should do our part to protect this creation that we live in. God graciously provided it all to us and we just continue to trash it with pollution and waste. Not only is it bad for the earth, it is also bad for our health. So, I'm going to explore, what I can do to help this situation, even if it is something small. I know Target sells a few different lines of "green" products, and I also found a website, http://www.mrsmeyers.com/, that sells all kinds of cleaning products (you can also buy them at Whole Foods). We'll see what I find!
Have a great day!

0 comments:
Post a Comment