Since I have such a sweet husband, I will now be smelling like

This might have been the first time I didn't know what I was getting as my gift. Usually, he can't keep things a secret, but this year he did a pretty good job. There was one minor mishap. He never told me not to get the mail, so the other day I trot out to the mailbox (while I'm talking to him on the phone) and I found a box waiting. I debated whether or not to tell him, but since I had already put the key in the community package mailbox, I couldn't get it out, so I had to tell him. However, I did not open it to see what was inside! I'm glad I didn't spoil it!
Because he hadn't spilled the beans on anything, I did think I was maybe, just maybe he was getting me a DVR. I have been wanting DVR for a long time, but he tells me we don't need to watch that much TV. My justifcation is that on Thursday nights, we go to small group from 7-9 or 9:30 and we tape Ugly Betty and Grey's Anatomy. But, I have also started to watch Ace of Cakes. Now, we didn't have a dillema initially, because Ugly Betty and Grey's are on the same station, but now that I love Ace of Cakes, which happens to be on a different station, we have an issue. Also part of my dilemma is that it is hard to remember to tape the shows, if we have DVR, we just set it up to automatically record and we don't have to try to remember. Anyways, I digress, all this week, Brandon has been telling me how we don't need DVR, yadda, yadda, yadda, and he made me try to give him 3 realistic reasons why we should get it. So, in the back of my mind, I thought he was trying to make me look foolish by giving him all these reasons, when on my birthday he was going to surprise me and tell me he signed us up. Well, that didn't happen. I guess it's a good thing I stood up to him and told him I wasn't going to give him 3 reasons because I thought his mind was already made up. So much for me being a good wife and encouraging him to get that big screen he's been wanting. I guess I'll just have to get 3 good reasons why we need that :)
Also, since it was my birthday, Brandon made some yummy cupcakes to take to our small group bbq last night. I think they went over pretty well and most of the guys were impressed that he would bake! They were yellow cake with chocolate frosting (yummy!) and looked something like this:

All in all, I had a great birhtday. We'll continue to celebrate this weekend with my dear friend Megan and her husband Kevin and then next week, I'm taking a day off for pedicures and shopping with my mom! I'd say my 24th birthday was pretty great!
Have a great weekend!
2 comments:
we just got DVR and I was super-iffy about it like brandon, "we don't need it." (my usual statement to kevin) but I must say since we have it I LOVE IT!!! for the frist 18 months its actually cheaper than cable then it only cost us $5 extra each month than what we were paying for cable since we got it through our satelitte. Look at dishnetwork.
Also I had a lovely time this weekend as did the rest of the deshazo's. in fact, andy hasn't moved since we got home. Koby wore him out!
also kevin said tickets will be around $85 a piece for the K-state/OSU game.
Post a Comment