This is Brandon, my husband. He is a former college athlete, spends a majority of his time getting his hands dirty, whether it be at his job site or in our back yard, he likes trucks and cars with lots of power, he is often found swinging his golf clubs in the summer or with his hand in the cookie/candy jar and he doesn't like vegetables. A guy's guy, you could say!
However, as of lately, something has changed. All of a sudden, he's started getting rather health conscious and he's been keeping his hand out of the cookie or candy jar. Let's take last night for example. We had homemade pizza for dinner. Then, we headed out to his job site to see what had gotten accomplished over the weekend. Then, I suggested we go get something sweet to end the day and he said he wasn't going to get anything, "...but you can still get something", words every girl likes to hear, right?!?! So, I sweetly tell him that I'm not interested, but in my head I'm thinking "Great, now I'm the big ol' cow who wants to indulge and my husband isn't' even humoring me..."! Then, he proceeds to say "...but honey, I had 2 pieces of pizza and you only had 1", as if that was supposed to make me feel better! Needless to say, at this point I was ready to drown my sorrows and the fact that my husband is declining a sweet treat, so I went ahead and got a Drumstick and ate the entire thing, thank you very much!
At least he didn't get on the treadmill when we got home, like he said he was going to do. Yep, that's right. He was going to get on the treadmill after watching me consume that ice cream!!
But, he's still my guy, and I love him anyway!!

0 comments:
Post a Comment