6.13.2008

What the.....

Yesterday, as I was on my way home, I was chatting with my friend Megan. As I pulled into our driveway and opened our garage, I see this...

... a pair of dead geese!!!!!

As you might imagine, I was a little surprised, to say the least. Then, I figured it was some joke that Brandon was playing. Megan, still on the phone, calmly says "Well Tessa, maybe they accidentally got into your garage and died!", which could have been a valid point, but I was just sure it was some kind of joke. So, instead of entering our house through the garage (because I didn't want to walk by those things), I went in through the front door. Brandon greets me and asks why I was coming in that way, but it didn't take him long to realize why - the stupid geese!

After much laughter and carrying on (by Brandon and Megan), Brandon finally tells me that they are stuffed geese that Key received when they built Gander Mountain. They were cleaning out an old storage building and they were giving the geese away. Then, Brandon tries to tell me that he was planning to put those dead, stuffed geese in our basement. I'm sure you can figure out how that went over. Finally, I get the real answer - he got the geese for one of his co-workers who wasn't in the office at the time of the "giveaway", and the geese were not staying at our house!!

1 comments:

Kevin and Megan said...

AHH hahahahaha!!!I laughed the whole way through the post, that is so funny. and really, they do look so dead. I would have thought the same thing!

although a point of clarification - I suggested that they got trapped in your garage and died of heat exhaustion not that they just wandered in and fell over dead.

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates