10.04.2009

Weekend Wrap Up

We had a great three day weekend, but like always, it went by too fast!

On Friday, Brandon played in the KLA golf tournament with my dad, brother and brother-in-law in Manhattan. Last year, they won the entire tournament, but this year they had to battle the strong winds and ended up winning their flight. While the boys played golf, I drove up to KC to hang out with my sister and her girls. E and I played and then I put her down for her nap, while Tara put I down for her nap. After the girls got up, E and I made cupcakes! Boy was that an experience! I let her crack the eggs, use the mixer and help me scoop the batter into the muffin tins. Once they had baked, I let her frost the cupcakes and then she put the "sprinklers" on (her word for sprinkles). We had a great time and she couldn't wait to tell her dad and Uncle B about the cupcakes when they got home from golfing. We have pictures of our baking day, but they are on Tara's camera so I'll have to wait to post them.

On Saturday, we got up and made breakfast and played for a while before Brandon and I had to leave to meet Todd and Natalie for the KSU game at Arrowhead Stadium. Little L was staying with her grandma and grandpa and they were even brave enough to keep Koby too! It sounds like L was having so much fun with the dogs, that she forgot to take a nap! We all had a great time at the game, and KSU even pulled out a win!!! We were a little bit cold at first, but the sun came out during the second half and we almost got hot. After the game, we took it easy and ordered pizza and watched the other football games that were on TV. L and I played the mermaid game that Brandon and I got her for her birthday and then she spent the rest of the evening chasing Koby until it was time for her to go to bed.

Then, we got up this morning and headed to Panera for breakfast and then Brandon and I came home. We had a lot to get done before the week started. We needed to run to the garden center to take advantage of a discount that expired today. We needed to find a bush to replace one we lost this summer. We also needed to get some fertilizer for the yard. Once we got home, Brandon started the yard work and I finished our weekly menu and grocery list and headed to the store. After I got the groceries put away, I picked up the house, cleaned the kitchen and mopped the floors. I also tried a new recipe for dinner, compliments of my friend Tracie and it was delicious!!

Now, it is that time where I wish we had just one more day in the weekend, but alas, tomorrow is Monday and that means back to the daily grind...

2 comments:

Ally_C said...

Question: do you go to the grocery store once a week?? Just curious... someday, I'm going to get into a grocery store routine. We have no routine right now and I'm not a fan of that! : )

Tessa said...

I usually plan a menu that contains seven to eight meals and then I go to the store once every two weeks. Now, that isn't to say I don't stop by in between for things like milk, but I only do major shopping every two weeks.

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates