10.18.2009

Weekend Wrap-Up

Well, another weekend has just flown by here at the Brungardt household. Before I go into the specifics, I just have to show you this:

Yes, that is right - the Cats "PUMMELED" the Aggies last night! We were fortunate enough to be at the game and it was so fun! To be honest, after last week, we were not terribly hopeful, so this game came as quite a surprise! Go Cats!

Okay, so on with the weekend:

Friday was a pretty low-key night; I'm not sure we even ate dinner. We caught up on our Thursday night TV that we missed (I had a jewelry party) and I fell asleep half-way through Private Practice.

Saturday morning was also pretty-low key. We ran a couple of errands before heading to Manhattan for the game. I just have to say, I LOVE Manhattan in the fall and I LOVE Manhattan on game day! The area is so pretty with all of the trees turning colors and the town is just a buzz on game day.

We got to the stadium early and tailgated with some friends before the game. Brandon and I were introduced to a new game, Stump. Basically, you take a tree stump, a hammer and some nails and you take turns trying to hit the other players nails into the stump. The person who's nail is still not hammered into the stump by the end of the game is the winner. I will go ahead and gloat as I won a few rounds! The game didn't start until 6:00, so we got home pretty late last night.

Today was filled with a lot of errands - a grocery store run, got the car serviced, bought Brandon some new jeans. And now, we're watching "The Proposal" - a perfect ending to the weekend!

3 comments:

Ally_C said...

STUMP! Oh my goodness... My brother introduced all of us to that game at tailgates last year. Ours became more of a drinking game, which was incredibly unsafe. :)

Anonymous said...

great action shots.

Tessa said...

Dora, I wish we could take credit for the photos, but they are not ours - they belong to the Wichita Eagle. I guess I should give credit where credit is due.

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates