Friday night, we went out to dinner with a few friends and then came back to our house for a while. It was fun to catch up and hang out with them for the evening. Despite the steamy temps, we sat outside on the patio. We had to get out Brandon's stand work light so we could see each other and so the guys could play washers. I'm not sure our neighbors appreciated the extra light flooding their windows, but at least we could see!
We tried to sleep in a little bit on Saturday, but we were dog-sitting Tucker and he decided to come wake us up a little earlier than we anticipated. After we got up and around, we headed over to my aunt and uncle's house so Brandon could hang some hooks in their bathroom. We took both pups with us and they were so excited to take a ride and to see the Shines!
After we left the Shines, Brandon got ready to go play golf with a few co-workers and I started laundry and ran some errands. When Brandon got home, he tiled above our basement shower and did a few other odds and ends. Later that evening, my parents came to pick up Tucker and shortly after, Brandon's parents arrived! His dad came to town to lay carpet in our bedroom. I have been wanting carpet for a while now and Craig got us a really good deal on the materials. He laid the guest bedroom carpet over the 4th of July and came this weekend to finish our room. The carpet doesn't look too much different than what we had, but its is new and clean! I'm trying to instill a "no shoes in the bedroom" rule, but I'm not sure that is going to last.
It only took Craig a couple of hours from start to finish so he was done and we had cleaned up by lunch time. We went and grabbed some pizza and then the boys went to dump the old carpet at Brandon's office. While they did that, Pam and I went to Dillons to buy supplies for No-Bake Cookies. I'm not sure if I've ever mentioned this, but I can't make No-Bakes to save my life. They are Brandon's favorite cookie and he asks me to make them all of the time but I've just never had much luck. So, today Pam showed me how to do it. And, I think they passed the test!
I know I wasn't timing the boiling right and I would pour the chocolate mixture over the oats instead of pouring the oats into the chocolate mixture and I don't think the oats were getting cooked. So, now I know and now Brandon will be happy :)
After Pam and Craig left, we took a Sunday afternoon nap and then headed to Target and to a new frozen yogurt shop called Orange Leaf. Umm, can I just say it is DANGEROUS! It is a self-serve shop that has several different flavors of frozen yogurt and several toppings. Oh, and the bowls are HUGE! These were the smallest bowls they had...
Brandon got strawberry banana swirl and topped it with strawberries, cheesecake bites, Reese's Pieces and chocolate sauce. I got a little dollop each of blueberry, strawberry and banana and I topped mine with blueberries, strawberries, cheesecake bites and vanilla wafers. It was to die for! They also have all sorts of chocolate toppings that I am going to have to try next time. The inside of the story was very funky and trendy. We will definitely be visiting often, but we won't have to feel so guilty because the yogurt is low-fat or non-fat!
And, this upcoming week is looking like it is going to be a good one! As you might have noticed on the calendar, my birthday is one week from Monday!! My boss is out of the office all week so it is going to be a pretty light week, I've got a few lunch dates set up with a couple of girlfriends, a small group BBQ, and a mini-vacay with the hubs that will include shopping and the Royals. And, I'm taking my birthday day off work! Happy birthday week to me :)


0 comments:
Post a Comment