Tonight, I made the Thai Lettuce Wraps. I still can't remember where I got the recipe, but it is not my original creation so I can't take any credit for this. The sauce was a bit spicy for me and I even took the author's tips and added extra honey and ketchup. I might have added a little too much of the sweet chili sauce so that could have been part of the problem. The only other alterations I made to the recipe were the addition of chopped water chestnuts and I eliminated the peanuts. I don't really like peanuts and I also didn't have any on-hand. So, since I didn't have a link to the recipe last week, I thought I would go ahead and share it tonight.
| {Excuse the flash, but we didn't have very good lighting in the kitchen tonight} |
(Serves 4)
1 T. extra virgin olive oil
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 red bell pepper, cut into strips (I only had a green pepper on-hand)
1/4 c. sweet chili sauce (found in the Asian food aisle)
1/4 c. honey
1 head of iceberg lettuce, washed and leaves removed
1/2 c. honey-roasted peanuts, chopped
Place oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and cook in the pan until golden brown on all sides.
Add in the red pepper and cook until soft, about three minutes. Add in the chili sauce and honey. Simmer to reduce it and coat the chicken.
To serve, place chicken mixture in lettuce leaves and roll up to eat (or eat with a fork like I do).
As I mentioned, the sauce was awfully spicy so if you want to make it a little more mild, use less chili sauce and add in ketchup.
Brandon really liked this meal and I think I would have liked it more had it not been so spicy. It was definitely a very fast and easy meal to prepare, perfect for a busy evening!


1 comments:
looks delish! I wish my husband liked lettuce!! :(
Post a Comment