8.26.2010

Reconnecting

I will be the first to admit that I am sometimes guilty of losing touch with old friends.  When distance separates us or our lives take off in different directions, it has been easy for me to get pre-occupied with the here and now and lose track of people.  But, thank goodness for Facebook, or I would probably really be out of the loop. 

In the past week, I have reconnected, via Facebook, with two friends I haven't seen in person in years; one from my childhood and one from college.  A silly status update has prompted each lunch date and I couldn't be happier to have gotten to spend an hour with each one of these girls.  It is amazing how we were able to instantly reconnect because we still have so much in common. 

It was really fun to have lunch with my childhood friend because we were able to laugh about things from elementary school and high school, but we were also able to share about our families (my sister dated her brother at one time), find out what other people in our class are doing these days and really just have fun and be real with each other.  I could have spent half a day visiting with her.

Catching up with my college friend was also fun.  It is crazy to see how life can bring you back together.  Neither of us ever thought we would be living in our town, let alone at the same time.  We both took very different paths to get here, but couldn't be happier with where we are. 

I know I have definitely learned a valuable lesson this past week and that is to not be afraid to take an initiative to reconnect with someone, no matter how many days/weeks/years have passed by.  Because in the end, it really isn't that akward and I will walk away feeling refreshed and happy to have spent the time together. 


Photobucket

0 comments:

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates