This has been a tough year for us and for many people we know. We have lost dear loved ones, we have watched others battle disease, we have watched people experience both of these things at the same time, and we have watched people lose jobs. Yet through all of this, we have been protected from most of these harsh realities. But tonight, I was reminded again about how blessed we really are.
There is a girl I know of from OBU (I didn't really hang out with her when I was there, but I know who she is) who has the most faithful spirit and total trust in God, yet has had to face a myriad of trials in the past couple of years. She has had breast cancer. TWICE. She has had all of the surgeries that go along with breast cancer. I believe she had a hysterectomy (yes, she's my age) and now lives with the reality that she will never be able to have children. To go through all of this, all of the emotions that go along with these issues and to live to proclaim her faith in God is amazing to me. I read her blog every once in a while and am always amazed at how much glory she gives God for all that he has done in her life. She has remained so faithful and has complete trust in His plan for her life.
Today, I read on Facebook that she started seizing at some point during the day and that the doctors have found a brain tumor. She is scheduled to have brain surgery on Wednesday. I don't know any other details, but all I know is that she needs prayer. Prayer for the doctors, prayer for her emotions, her physical strength (her body has obviously been through a lot in the past couple of years), prayer for her husband who appears to be an extremely patient and strong man, prayer for her family as they support her through this new trial and prayer that God's plan will be revealed.
Friends, I can't even begin to imagine having to go through any of these trials, and then have to go through them one after another after another. Please take a minute to say a prayer for this woman and to count your blessings. We don't have to look very far to realize just how blessed we are.


0 comments:
Post a Comment