11.18.2010

Sick Day(s)

Thanks to the seasonal head cold that has been making its way around my office, I have been sick for the past four days.  I stayed home on Monday thinking I could rest up and be fine to go to work on Tuesday since we had our big Annual Meeting that day and I really couldn't miss one of our biggest events of the year.  Plus, I had several responsibilities that evening that I couldn't just leave for someone else to handle.  So yeah, I really couldn't miss that day. 

After close to a 14 hour day, I was spent and couldn't get out of bed on Wednesday.  So, Koby and I hung out again and I rested up hoping to feel better.  I got up and went to work this morning and felt pretty good until about 2:00.  I tried to muster up enough energy to make it through the day, but I just couldn't, so I came home around 3:30. 

I hate feeling crummy for this long because so much gets ignored!  For instance:
  • I haven't made the bed since Sunday.
  • I haven't made a grocery list, let alone thought about going to the store.
  • The house is a disaster because I just don't want to pick it up.
  • The dog is getting cabin fever (i.e. sitting next to me whining while he waits for me to throw his headless duck or armless monkey).
  • Poor Brandon has had to fend for himself when it comes to meals (its a good thing he likes leftovers and we made chili over the weekend).
Thankfully, things are pretty quiet at work since the annual meeting is over so I haven't missed too much there.  Tomorrow, we have a morning staff retreat and then our staff Thanksgiving lunch, so hopefully it will be another easy day.

In other news, since I've been home I've had a lot of time to browse the internet and I just might be doing 90% of my Christmas shopping online this year!  There are so many sites that are offering free shipping or online exclusives we just might save a little bit of money.  So, while everything else is slipping out of control, at least I have my Christmas shopping under control...

I guess I should go try to focus my energy on productive things like preparing for Thanksgiving next week.  I can at least make a grocery list while I lay in bed...



Photobucket

0 comments:

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates