11.15.2010

Weekend Wrap-Up

We had a pretty hectic weekend here in the Brungardt household, but it was a good kind of hectic so I'm not going to complain.

Friday night, we had planned to cook dinner at home and watch a movie (we just started a Netflix subscription and LOVE it!), but our plans quickly changed when we heard the news that our friends, Luke and Emily, were going in to have their baby!  While we didn't go to the hospital, we did pitch in to babysit for Matt and Ali (Luke's brother and sister-in-law and our good friends) so they could be up there when the new baby entered the world.  We had a good time with their little one until it came time for a diaper change, and then she decided she was pretty much done with us! 

Saturday morning Brandon had to go to the job site, so I stayed home to do typical Saturday morning chores.  Brandon came home for a quick lunch and then he had to head back so I went back with him to see what his job was looking like on the inside.  Boy, it is going to be an impressive theater!!  We'll probably only be able to afford one IMAX movie a year, but it will be neat.  I know he will be happy to have that project finished, but it will be one project he will be proud of.  I got home from running errands in time to catch the second half of the KSU game.  Too bad the game didn't have a better ending...  After the game, I headed up to the hospital to meet the new baby.  He is just a little cutie and Luke and Emily seemed very at-ease and happy!

Later in the evening, we were in the basement watching a movie and we heard quite a commotion in the ceiling.  Yep, we have mice!!!  We have been dealing with these little rodents pretty much every fall since we've lived in our house and this year, they have been quite stealthy!  We had already caught two of the invaders, but we had yet to capture the last one (at least we think there is only one more).  Once we heard the commotion, Brandon jumped up and went to the storage room, which has an unfinished ceiling, to find out if he could see anything and sure enough, the yucky mouse had gotten partially stuck to the sticky trap and had dragged it across the ceiling to the middle of the room.  Fortunately for Brandon (at this point) the mouse had gotten away so he wasn't going to have to touch a live mouse.  But, he went ahead and set more traps just in case.  Well, to make a long story short, we didn't get the mouse the rest of the night, but after quite the ordeal yesterday afternoon, Brandon got him and he is GONE!!  We haven't heard anything since then, but I'm still not convinced we are in the clear.

On Sunday I had to work check-in at church and Brandon had to go pick up my aunt, uncle and cousins at the airport, then we met Brandon's mom, sister and brother-in-law for lunch.  Later in the day, I went over to my friend Ali's house to help her fill out Angel Tree angel information cards (this is when the last mouse battle took place). 

After I got home from Ali's, I made an apple cake to take to a dinner party at my friend Kourtney's house.  Kourtney and her husband, Branden, just moved to town this summer for med school (yes, they are BOTH in med school...CRAZY!!) but we haven't had much of a chance to hang out with them since our schedules are so different.  So, they had us and our other friends, Jon and Emily, over for a fun dinner party.  I can definitely say it was a super fun night spent with two really great friends and our husbands!  We did a lot of laughing and a lot of sharing and it was just a perfect night.  I meant to take our camera, but I was in a little bit of a rush to get around and I wasn't feeling all that great, so it really just slipped my mind.

Today, I am still feeling a little under the weather (sore throat) so I decided to stay home from work in anticipation of a big day tomorrow.  We have our big annual meeting tomorrow so I wanted to give myself the best chance possible to not get full on sick!  Wish me luck!



Photobucket

0 comments:

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates