I saw this and thought it would make for a great Christmas centerpiece or a neat way to burn citronella candles on the patio. All you have to do is wrap twine around the outside of an old pickle/salsa/jelly jar, then spray paint the jar with the color of your choice, and remove the twine. So easy!
I found this idea before I got the new patio chairs (with the thought in mind that someday I might own those chairs..yippee!) and I can't wait to put my own twist on it. I have already given Brandon the task of finding the pallets and I hear he may have found a few already so this project may get completed soon, as in the next week.
We also have the chairs that are shown with the table. We got them on the clearance at Target for $12 a piece. See, I really am becoming a bargain hunter!
A while back when I was in my hometown, my mom and I visited the local flower shop and the florist had a display that used twigs sprouting up out of a really neat rectangular vase and it was set up in front of a mirror. I really liked the idea, but have had a hard time finding the perfect container to recreate the same look. But, when I saw this idea, I thought it would be easier to assemble and create a much more dramatic look. I think this would be a fun textural piece to place above our mantle.
I know it is a little early to be thinking about making Christmas decorations, but with the 100+ degree weather that is keeping me inside I'm beginning to run out of things to do. I love the look and feel of the cute feather trees that are sold in most retail stores, but they are a little expensive and a little trendy. I think this is a fun (and cheap) DIY copycat that shouldn't take too much time to create and I won't feel guilty if I decide not to use them year after year.
And last but not least. I think I've mentioned before how I like to find new uses for old things. Well, would you believe the art below was made out of toilet paper rolls???
I think a larger scale piece like this would look great above our bed or in our basement behind our pub table.
So, what DIY ideas do you have going on in your home?


0 comments:
Post a Comment