8.02.2011

Today I'm 28

I had a hard time deciding what to write about today.  It's hard to write about myself.  I'm much better at bragging on other people.  So, I decided to list 28 things I've learned this year.
  1. Life is an adventure and you just never know what is around the next corner.
  2. It's okay to verbalize your feelings, just do it with respect.
  3. Sometimes, the only way to heal your heart is to bake chocolate chip cookies.
  4. Set goals and work everyday to achieve those goals because the payoff is that much sweeter.
  5. Sonic Happy Hour really does make me happy!
  6. Indulge once in a while.
  7. If I say I'm going to grow my hair out, I need to do it.  I always regret it once I cut it.
  8. Always make time for a friend because they will always make time for you.
  9. I have been hit with the travel bug and want to experience so many places.
  10. When you feel overwhelmed drop everything and pray -- instant relief!
  11. Sometimes you have to take the reins and steer the horse yourself (that is supposed to be a metaphor, but I'm not sure if it came out right...oy!)
  12. After a long hard day, it is so nice to come home to a puppy who is dancing around with excitement as you enter the house.
  13. It's okay to let loose sometimes ;)
  14. Patience really is a virtue.
  15. It's okay to make plans, but don't let those plans get in the way of other opportunities.
  16. Next time it is freezing cold for multiple days in a row, don't wish for warmer weather because you just might get what you wished for...and more.
  17. Finding bargains really is thrilling!
  18. It is nice to take time for yourself and you shouldn't be ashamed to do so.
  19. I'm a reality TV junkie and I'm okay with it.
  20. Never miss an opportunity to say "I Love You" to those you love because life really is short.  
  21. I like to carpool to work with Brandon - the extra company in the morning is kind of nice.
  22. I will always pack too many clothes, no matter where I go.
  23. Work hard no matter who is watching.
  24. Trust your gut and your instinct.
  25. Don't think about what you don't have, but focus on what you do have.
  26. Pandora radio is a really great thing.
  27. Get out of your comfort zone every once in a while -- I've done this cautiously :)
  28. I like sushi now :)
I have been so blessed this year and I'm excited to see what God has in store for this next year!  Here is to a great 28 (ha ha ha...corny, I know!)!



Photobucket

2 comments:

Jackatessa said...

Happy Birthday!!!!

Tessa said...

Thanks, but do I know you?

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates