2.22.2012

Self-Discipline

Today is the first day of Lent, and while we don't regularly practice Lent, I do think it is a great time to refocus our thoughts on Christ and the price he paid for our sins. 

One thing I'm not very good at is self-discipline.  I've never been good at taking medication on a regular schedule.  I've never been good at establishing a good routine.  I've never been very good at following through on goals I set for myself -- think the type of goals like picking up a hobby or exercising regularly.  And, I certainly have never been good at creating a quiet time for myself to dig into my Bible. 

Last year around Easter time, I found a daily devotional that I thought was very good and very easy to do, but we never got around to starting it, and in our defense, the Easter season was practically over.  But, I tucked it back in a file on my computer to use this year.  So, every day for the next 40 days, I will be posting the devotional here and will be practicing self-discpline by making it a priority to go through this devotional with Brandon every evening.  If you are interested, you can join in too.

Day 1
  • Read Matthew 6:5-15
  • Pray the Lord's Prayer, pausing after each line to think about what it means.
  • Why did Jesus tell us to pray alone and unseen? 


Photobucket

0 comments:

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates