We had a bit of a crazy weekend! Between the kitchen re-do and all of the other projects we were trying to accomplish at the same time, a slight stomach bug, KSU losing in the tournament, a birthday party, and spending time with Brooklyn and her parents, we were certainly ready for some down time. But, it is so nice to have some major projects behind us and we could not have done it all without the help of Brandon's parents. We are taking the week off from house projects this week to rest up and get rejuvenated and then we'll be back at it to finish up painting our staircase (yes, Craig and Brandon rebuilt the staircase this weekend too) and buttoning up a few other miscellaneous projects and then we are DONE for a while!
Speaking of the kitchen, it is looking so good! I actually got chills once the tile went up on the backsplash. I just LOVE it. However, we have not put the cabinet doors back on yet because they need to cure a little more (a hard lesson learned!). Once we have those back on and everything is back in its place I'll post pictures, but here is a sneak peek to hold you over :)
One perk of today being a Monday is that the new season of Dancing with the Stars begins tonight!! I'm so excited to see Laura Ingalls Wilder (aka Melissa Gilbert) shake her bootie with my favorite dancer, Maks! This show really is one of my favorite shows on TV -- sad but true.
![]() |
| {photo courtesy of usmagazine.com} |
I'm also planning to do a lot of cooking and baking this week since I will have a mostly functioning kitchen again. I bet I have 20 frozen bananas in our freezer just waiting to be transformed into banana bread. And, if I'm feeling crazy, I might even add chocolate chips!
Hope your Monday is off to a great start!




0 comments:
Post a Comment