3.13.2012

Sunrise Sunset



{I may or may not have taken this picture on my way to work this morning...}

Have any of you noticed the dramatic sunrises and sunsets that have been gracing the skies lately?  Maybe it is the change in seasons, but I have been finding myself in awe as of late.  The sun has been huge and has been coloring the sky the most beautiful shades of blue and orange.  As I was driving home from an event last week the sun was just setting and caught me off guard as it hovered just above the highway.  I should have pulled over to take a picture, but I didn't really feel like risking my life so I took a mental picture instead (kind of like Pam and Jim did on their wedding day -- this probably only applies to The Office fans).

The sunrises and sunsets serve as God's reminder to me that each day is a new day with new opportunities.  In the midst of crummy days, I should be thankful that I was allowed to usher in a new day.  As the lyrics of "Sunrise Sunset" state, time flies by quickly and soon we'll look back and wonder why we didn't stop to take it all in.

Sunrise, sunset
Sunrise, sunset
Swiftly flow the days
Seedlings turn overnight to sunflowers
Blossoming even as we gaze

Sunrise, sunset
Sunrise, sunset
Swiftly fly the years
One season following another
Laden with happiness and tears

Happy Tuesday!  Enjoy the beauty of your day today :)

 

Photobucket


0 comments:

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates