8.20.2007

Forgiveness

Our church has been doing a 4-week series called "Peacemakers". Basically, it goes through the biblical steps of conflict resolution. Our small group just finished up the 12-week study of "Peacemakers", but I haven't been as convicted as I was yesterday in church. Forgiveness is hard thing to do, especially when the person who is owed the forgiveness doesn't necessarily think they did anything wrong. However, I realized how harmful the stored up resentment is. I realized how pride can get in the way of a restored relationship with the person and with Jesus. If we are truly living out our Christian faith, it is our responsibility to "go" and be restored and offer the forgiveness, no matter if the person is repentful or not. I challenge everyone to think of 1 person in your life who you owe forgiveness and seek them out. Don't wait any longer! Forgiveness can be a powerful tool to better relationships and a happier spirit! Now, how is that for a Monday sermonette??!?! Now, on to something a little less serious - here are some pictures from the baby shower my friend Dana and I threw this weekend. I got so wrapped up in my hosting duties, that I forgot to take a pic with the mom-to-be...ughh!! I tried to upload a close-up of the cookies, but didn't have any luck. They were baby buggies and onesies! Very cute!

0 comments:

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates