I want traditions of my own, too! I want to develop traditions that are special and unique to Brandon and I and our future family. So, this year, I'm starting something new that will allow us to develop those traditions. We're going to celebrate Thanksgiving and Christmas together, just the two of us. Now, we won't be doing it on the actual day, since we'll be with our families, but we're still going to do it. I'm not sure what our new traditions will be, but at least we're setting aside a special time to let those traditions develop. I'm going to cook "mini" meals and go to all the effort to make it a real holiday, just like if we were home.
So, what are some of your traditions? What are things that you do with your family that make your holidays memorable? I really want to know, so leave me a comment!

2 comments:
well first one of my favorite traditions growing up is that along with cookies and eggnog we always wrote a note to santa thanking him for the gifts, and every year santa wrote us a note back during his visit - my parents kept all the notes and have them saved in our baby books which I think is so cute - so we'll definately be doing that too.
also, I have friends who every Christmas eve, Santa's elf drops off christmas pajamas (they have two kids) so when no one is looking Brad will set the pj gifts outside the front door and ring the doorbell - which of course is the elf dropping off presents. So I'll definately be using that tradition too.
Adam's family was big into having Christmas day at home with just their immediate family. They would get up Christmas morning, stay in their pajamas, have a big breakfast, and then open presents (still in their pajamas). My family traveled for the holidays. We always went to Ness City on Christmas Eve and Herndon on Christmas Day. We just opened presents at home whenever we could. Unfortunately for our parents now, we liked Adam's family tradition better, so we told our parents that once we had a kid, we would be staying home on Christmas Day. Starting next year, we will be doing our Christmas Day at our house with Alexa - opening presents in our pajamas. :) I'm like you, I like the traditions and hopefully Adam and I will start some new ones of our own!
Post a Comment