4.07.2008

Weekend Review

Well, it's Monday, so that means it is time for my weekend review:

  • We packed up and headed to Garden City Friday after work. We stopped in Pratt for dinner at Taco Delight - my favorite, and to drop off some cabinets for my parents. They weren't home and Koby was quite disturbed by that. He ran around their house the whole time we were there looking for them and Tucker - the poor guy was so confused!
  • We got to Garden and unloaded, then I made 16 wedding bows for Ashley. I forgot about how my fingers always felt after that - they are certainly out of practice!! While I did that, Brandon and his dad fixed the treadmill that we were bringing home. Apparently, they fixed it by accident, but at least it is fixed!!
  • Saturday morning we woke up and went to the donut shop. We intended to go through the drive-thru, since none of us had showered, but wouldn't you know the line was LONG and we had to go inside! I guess it is good that I don't know too many people in GC, but like any small town, we did run into friends of the Brungardts. Oh well - I guess they all will just think Brandon married some homely girl. His loss :)
  • After breakfast, we went to pick out countertops and back splash tile for our kitchen and bathroom. I guess I had my expectations wrong, because it was a lot harder than I anticipated!!! The countertops were easy, but in true Tessa-style, I picked out kitchen back splash tile that didn't include trim pieces. So, we looked for an alternative and coulnd't find anything that I liked and that matched our countertops that included trim pieces. So, we had to go to plan B, which meant we had to pick out "pencil rail". Again, the tile I chose didn't have that, so we headed out to the warehouse to find something that would accent the tile. Luckily we found just what we needed, but that was like 2 hours into the process. However, we got it all figured out and I just can't wait to get it all installed! It will be so beautiful!
  • We had lunch at our favorite GC restaurant,El Zarape, finished a few more errands, played a little Guitar Hero and headed to the wedding shower.
  • The shower was fun! Justin and Ashley got quite a bit of stuff and we got to see a lot of family while we were there. Here are a few pictures:

Brandon and me with some family friends

The newly-wed and not-so-newly-wed game (Justin and Ashley and Pam and Craig)

Pam and Craig finally got a matching answer!

Presents!

  • After the shower, we all went to a sports bar to watch KU play UNC. Brandon and I were 2 of about 5 KSU fans among an entire bar full of KU fans. And no, we are not happy that KU won!!! Maybe we would cheer for them if we knew that the KU fans would cheer for us if we were in that position, but we just don't know too many of them that would.
  • Sunday was a pretty easy going day. We got up and had breakfast, got cleaned up and started lunch. Pam and Craig were having the new priest at their church over, along with Brandon's grandmas, so we had a big meal to cook. Once lunch was over, the guys loaded up the treadmill and we were on our way home.
  • We had some friends come help us get the treadmill in the house, cooked a little dinner, watered the plants and I caught up on Jon and Kate Plus 8, while Brandon walked on the treadamill. Koby on the other hand, slept all night long!! He was such a tired dog after playing with Sammy and Brutus all weekend!
  • Then this morning, I'd like to make it known to the world that I was up at 5:50 and on the treadmill by 6:00 to do my exercise!! They say if you do something 18 times in a row, it becomes a habit - one down, seventeen to go!

0 comments:

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates