Currently, as in this very moment, I'm sitting at my aunt's house, using her computer while Brandon preps her floors to be tiled. He's been working for the past two nights and will be working all weekend to lay tile in her kitchen, hallway, bathroom and entry way. Brandon got the itch to lay tile after he and his dad did our kitchen backsplashes, so my aunt has graciously let him practice on her floor. Really, it's a win-win for both parties - she gets her floors redone at a cheaper rate and Brandon gets the practice. And, I'm just here for support! I really don't have a role in all of this. So, if you can't find us in the next few days, we'll be here!
This past weekend, I turned 25 - yes, a whole quarter of a century. It feels good to be 25, but nothing too exciting, except that I can drive a rental car now. I had a wodnerful birthday, though. We celebrated the weekend before with my family in KC, then we went back to KC with Brandon's family for a Royals game on Saturday. We visited the new Power and Light district downtown for lunch, did a little shopping and then went to the game. It was miserably hot, but we made it through - thank goodness the concession stand only made you pay $6 for the first cup of water!
My new job has also kept me extremely busy, which is good. I pretty much learn somethign new everyday!! I just mailed out my first printed newsletter and I must say, I'm pretty proud of myself. The newsletter turned out great and was a good confidence buidler. You see, part of the job requirement was that I write and update the design template for the newsletter, and that was not something I had ever done before, but I was confident I could do it. So, to see the final product was such a relief! We have so many projects in the near future, that I'm not sure the pace is going to slow down for a while. We're in the beginning stages of over-hauling our website and working up a 2009 marketing plan. So, I have a lot on my plate, but you know what, I wouldn't trade it for anything!
Brandon leaves next week to go to NYC with his good friend Nate and his boss from Key. They have tickets to watch the Royals vs. Yankees at Yankee Stadium, so he's pretty stoked! I'm excited for him, too. I know this is something he'll never forget. I can't imagine how excited he'll be once he actually gets there. He asked me what I want him to bring me back as a momento and I told him that I would like something in a blue boxes! I doubt I'll get anything, but it's worth a try, right?
While Brandon is gone, I'm going to go visit my pregnant friend, Megan! We typically celebrate our birthdays together, so I figured this would be the perfect time! However, Megan is a year older than me, so she'll be 26, while I'm just 25!! I told her the other to just wait until she turns 40 and I'm still 39 - she's never going to hear the end of it!!
Well, that is pretty much life in a nutshell. Maybe we'll slow down one of these days!

1 comments:
you're so funny. I'm so happy you have a job you enjoy!!! I'm even more happy about you coming to OKC next week!!!
Post a Comment