On Friday, we braved the Northwest H.S. vs. Garden City football game. It was Homecoming for NW and they were playing Brandon's alma mater, so we thought it was the perfect game to go to. Well, the wind was blowing like crazy and GC wasn't playing so well, but we still had fun. It was especially fun to watch all the high school kids milling around. It just made me laugh to know we probably acted the exact same way! Also, on a side note, I did observe something very different from my high school days - the homecoming candidates dresses were VERY, VERY SHORT!! I coudln't believe what some of those girls were wearing..WHOA!!
We spent Saturday doing errands - grocery shopping, oil change and Hobby Lobby. We also went furniture shopping and I found another couch that I really like while ruling out a few from my last post. I think we're getting closer to making a decision, now it is just a matter of the arrangement of the furniture in our living room (which is proving to be more difficult than I imagined). Then that evening, we helped a friend celebrate his birthday at P.F. Changs! I forgot how much I love that place!
And today, well, we've had a relaxing day. We went to church and heard a very good message - "Is Jesus the Only Way to God?". It was really a very creative way to present the gospel. Then, we came home and made some chili, since it is a somewhat cool and blustery day. After lunch, I took a nap while Brandon watched stupid movies and football, and then I woke up and started laundry and ironing. Oh yeah, and I made some pumpkin bread and pumpkin cream cheese (for bagels)! Yum!
We have a busy week ahead as I will be in Omaha Tuesday and Wednesday and Brandon's office has an open house on Friday - they are celebrating 30 years!
To end, I'll leave you with my pumpkin cream cheese recipe - it is great on toasted bagels or as a dip for graham cracker sticks!
Pumpkin Cream Cheese
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/2 c. pumpkin puree (you can use the remaing pumpkin puree for pumpkin bread!)
1/4 c. sugar
1 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice (I used cinnamon)
1/2 tsp. vanilla
Mix all ingredients with electric mixer until smooth. Refrigerate at least 2 hours.

2 comments:
Tessa, thanks for the recipe. I finally was able to get on you sight after a month of getting the address from Pam. So good to be able to hear what you are up to even if Brandon only watches dumb movies or football. Hope to see you in Topeka for Thanksgiving if not before. Love Dora
hey sounds like garden hasn't changed since i've been there....seems like they never win to those NW kids...lol Sounds like an exciting weekend and a busy week
Keep in touch.
Post a Comment