I have a great post planned about this past weekend, but I'm waiting to get a couple of pictures from Brandon's sister. I've decided I like to include pictures in my posts when possible because I think it makes things more interesting.
I spent last night writing an article for our church newsletter. This is the first article I have written for the church so I'm a little nervous to send it because I'm not totally sure what they are expecting. I had all of the information handed to me, I just had to compile and condense it. Hopefully it will pass the test :)
I also tried out a new side dish recipe last night and I liked it pretty well. I had some cucumbers, tomatoes and fresh dill leftover from our trip to the farmer's market a couple of weeks ago and I needed to get them used up because I plan on going again this weekend. I'm not sure if Brandon liked the salad too much, though.
Cucumber Dill Salad (source: Kraft Foods)
1/2 cup Reduced Fat Sour Cream
1/4 cup MIRACLE WHIP Light Dressing
2 Tbsp. chopped fresh dill
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
2 large cucumbers, sliced
1/4 tsp. black pepper
MIX sour cream, dressing, dill and lemon juice.
POUR over cucumbers in large bowl; toss to coat.
SPRINKLE with pepper.
*I added cherry tomatoes to mine and also added some seasoned salt. I thought the dressing was a tad bit bland. I think it would also be good with some red onion thrown in the mix.
I served the salad with grilled BBQ chicken and Ore Ida Crispy Crowns (my new love!).


0 comments:
Post a Comment