6.18.2010

It has been a LOOOONG week.

This week has seemed to drag on forever!  Maybe it is the copious amount of meetings that have taken place this week, the 3600 newsletters I had to stuff (with the help of a few others) or perhaps that we have been waiting to get our new patio poured or the fact that I got up yesterday morning thinking it was Friday or that I couldn't sleep last night and kept dreaming about the Real Housewives of NY (I dvr'd a marathon yesterday since I had never seen any of those shows - and now I'm hooked).    Whatever the reason, I am so glad that it is finally Friday!  Amidst all the craziness of the week, I have a couple of interesting stories to share:

On Wednesday, as I was driving to work I saw some people off to the left of the road.  Now, this particular stretch of road has a train track that runs down the left side with about a 10 foot tall metal fence that separates it from a sidewalk and the street.  As I got closer to where the people were I noticed that a deer was hanging from the fence by its back legs.  At first I thought it was fake but then I realized that the deer was in fact real and that these people were trying to dislodge it from the fence.  You have to remember this is during the morning drive to work so there were lots of cars and not much time for me to take in this whole situation.  I could see that the deer was still alive because its mouth was moving and I could see that the men in the group were trying to free the deer and a woman was on her phone.  As I kept driving, I eventually past the scene but I could still see out of my rear view mirror.  I looked back and saw that they got the deer off the fence and just as I was about to look away (I was at a stop light by this time) I saw the deer try to jump the fence again but he didn't make it over and fell to the ground.  My heart was broken. 

I felt so bad for that deer for so many reasons and I felt helpless.  So, I called Brandon to tell him about this and he really didn't have much sympathy.  I know there are a lot of deer around, but I guess the animal lover in me still hates for the deer to be in pain.  On my way home I didn't see any remnants of the deer so I'm guess he either found his way or was put out of his misery.  Either way, I wish I wouldn't have seen it at all!

Another day this week (not sure which one) I stopped at QT on my way to work to get a Vitamin Water.  As I was standing at the refrigerator debating which flavor to get, I noticed a guy who appeared to be homeless lingering by the soda fountain taste testing all of the different slushes and sodas.  Basically he would fill up a 32 oz cup about a quarter of the way, chug the drink and move on to the next flavor.  I was a bit disgusted by this and it makes me not want to ever use the self-serve fountain again!  I know that I drink out of straws and most likely my mouth or the contents of my cup will never touch the outside of the cup which touches the lever of the soda fountain, but it still grosses me out a little bit. 

We started the 30 Day Shred workout this week.  On Monday and Tuesday we got up at 5:30 a.m., we skipped Wednesday and then we did it again last night.  So far, I really like the workout and it helps that Brandon is doing it with me!  Basically, it is a 20 minute workout with three different circuits that are made up of three minutes of strength, two minutes of cardio and one minute of abs.  It may not sound all that hard but I think even Brandon will admit that it is harder than he anticipated.  And, I think I can already tell a bit of a difference (or maybe it's just my imagination)!  Hallelujah!!

We are hoping to have a pretty low-key next couple of days - a visit to the farmer's market, a BBQ, and browsing for items for our soon-to-be patio. If only the weekend would last as long as the work week....

0 comments:

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates