9.14.2010

Stupid Human Tricks

I hope that phrase isn't copyrighted by David Letterman, but just in case it is, Dave I'm sorry...

Okay, now that I have that off my chest I can move on.  Some of you may or may not know I have a weird little stupid human trick of my own - I can turn my arm all the way around!  Don't believe me?  Take a look at this picture:


I was showing this trick off in my office the other day and for the first and probably last time, I was able to bring a grown man to tears (well, almost...).  At first I don't think he realized what I was doing but once he saw how contorted my shoulder looked, he couldn't look at me anymore!  In his defense, he has had shoulder surgery so I think it brought back some uneasy memories.

My boss took the picture above and has made me perform the trick for others in the office, including our president, who was thoroughly fascinated.  He even told me that he told his family about it and the next time I see his daughter I better be prepared to show her, too.  What is even funnier is he has a stupid human trick of his own that involves his nose that he was more than willing to show us.  It has been quite comical in our office as of late!

Well yesterday, I found this fascinating story and video on kansas.com and you better believe I sent the link to everyone in my department, along with a few other people in the office who have witnessed my trick.  If you are easily grossed out by bodies contorting, I wouldn't suggest you watch this video.  In fact, one of my co-workers told me she read the headline contained in the link and didn't even open the story!


Can you believe that?!?!?  I mean, I don't really know how I ever learned to do my trick, but how did he ever figure out his body was capable of this?  I also know I won't ever make it into Ripley's, but Dave, if you're reading this, I will gladly come to New York to perform my stupid human trick on your show!!


Photobucket

0 comments:

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates