| {A handful of classmates at our 10 year reunion...the boys weren't so much into taking pictures!} |
I spent this past weekend catching up with my high school classmates at our ten year reunion! I honestly can't believe it has been ten years since we graduated, but at the same time it really does seem like it was just yesterday we were walking the halls of Pratt High School.
I had to really talk myself into going to our reunion. With the invention of Facebook, most of us keep up with each other on a pretty consistent basis anyway and I also keep in personal touch with a handful of people who I was closest to. However, it was great to get together in person and catch up. So much has changed for everyone (jobs, becoming parents, etc.), but so much is the same.
My mom is currently on a mini-vacation with some of her high school friends and she was telling me how they can go years without seeing each other and still get together and have a good time as if no time has passed. She attributes this to the deepness of her friendship with her high school friends. And she's right. Friends from home know your family, have known you since you were a little child, have seen you through many years of changes, and you all share a place called "home".
All in all, I'm so glad I attended the reunion. We had a great time playing a high school trivia game, reminiscing over old pictures, telling stories to our spouses, and laughing just like old times! And yes, Brandon did hear a few stories and saw a few pictues that gave him a chuckle!


0 comments:
Post a Comment