1.12.2012

Thursday Things {aka "Catch-All"}

This is my first week in about four weeks to work 5 whole days so excuse my lack of posting.  I'm still adjusting to a full-time schedule ;)  Anyway, here is my random stream of thoughts for the day:
  • We went to watch the Wildcats play in the Cotton Bowl in Dallas.  We had an awesome time, despite the loss.  We also took a whole bunch of photos so I will devote a post to that trip soon.
  • Brandon turned 32 on Tuesday.  He didn't want a big "to-do", but I still made him a birthday cake that we shared with our small group.  We are also going to meet a few friends for dinner on Friday night to celebrate.


  • We have become mildly obsessed with yogurt parfaits.  We've been layering vanilla greek yogurt with fresh fruit, granola and topping it with regular strawberry yogurt.  In fact, I just polished one off for lunch (since I didn't eat it for breakfast because I remembered I had a Starbucks gift card...yippee!).
  • Brandon started painting our wood trim and I'm sooo excited!!  However, I am having to contain my excitement because our walls are still all white so it is looking very sterile.   And the reason our walls are still white is because we haven't made a decision on our flooring yet so we can't pick paint colors without picking the flooring.  Such a vicious cycle!
  • Koby has been very needy the past few days. Last night when we went to bed he sat on my side of the bed staring at me with his "Puss in Boots" look until I physically picked him up and put him in bed with us. Here is a visual in case you don't know what the Puss in Boots look looks like.  And yes, it is VERY pathetic.

  • It's is so sunny and calm outside today, but the temperature is 24 degrees.  Totally deceiving!!
  • I looked at our calendar for the next several weeks and we do not have to be out of town over a weekend for a really long time and I am really excited about that!!  I love getting away, but I'm always ready for a break at the first of every year.  We spend most of our Fall in Manhattan for football games (and I LOVE doing that, by the way) and then we transition right into the holidays and it seems like we are never home.  And then this year, we threw in a move which really made life crazy.  It will be nice to spend several weekends at home getting our house together, running errands, going to church, and just being around. 
That is all for now.  Happy Thursday!

Photobucket


0 comments:

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates