We headed to the Big D on Thursday morning in order to make it in time for the KSU pep rally at Rangers stadium. I think they estimated there were close to 20,000 people in attendance so that was fun. I can't say the pep rally was very peppy, but we did get to see a rendering of the new West Side stadium design and we caught a glimpse of Terrence Newman, so it wasn't all bad.
After the pep rally we met up with some of my parents' college friends at a fun BBQ restaurant. The restaurant was a little bit off the beaten path and our GPS ended up taking us on a toll road that ran right through the middle of the airport. Needless to say the two backseat drivers (me and my mom) thought we were totally lost but we ended up in the right spot.
Friday morning we got up and headed to the Galleria for a little pre-game retail therapy. The guys were not too thrilled but my mom, sister and I had a great time! And, I got a pair of super cute Sperry's!
After we finished shopping we headed back to the hotel to get ready for the big game! We couldn't get over the size of the stadium. It really is hard to put into words just how big and amazing that place is.
![]() |
| {Yep, that bottom right picture is of all of our backsides...} |
We had tickets to a fun pre-game party that was held in a club that was field level so we had a fun time getting an up-close and personal look at the filed and the players. Oh yeah, and Eric Stonestreet!! He was not at our party but he was making the rounds on the filed and we got to give him a high-five...so fun!!
![]() |
| {the screen was sooooo big we couldn't event get the whole thing in the picture!} |
We made our way to our seats a few minutes before the pregame festivities started and we had quite a view :) Of course, we wish the Cats could have pulled out a win but that didn't happen. However, we had a great time anyway!!
Satruday morning we got up and went to the JFK memorial in downtown Dallas. I had been before but I was a lot younger and didn't appreciate it as much as I did this time.
After the JFK memorial we headed to the Ft. Worth Stock Yards. Our first stop was Billy Bobs, but it was 2:00 in the afternoon so there wasn't much activity. And thanks to Twitter, I found out that Khloe and Rob Kardashian were perusing the streets of the Stock Yards so I was determined to go find them. I didn't find them, but we did have fun and Brandon even got a pair of cowboy boots! Real, genuine Texas cowboy boots! Oh yeah and we watched a three minute cattle drive where the cattle were basically sleep walking...
![]() |
| {The pic of Brandon is from the bull riding arena at Billy Bobs. He had not bought his boots yet.} |
And, as if we hadn't already had a full day we made one more stop at the Dallas Mavericks basketball game. We figured we might as well take in one more sporting event and one more arena/stadium.
![]() |
| {Bottom right pic is of my brother-in-law, sister, aunt and us} |
And yes, I did spot Khloe and Rob Kardashian at the game! In fact, I pretty much spent the whole game looking for and watching them. Lame. I know.
Sunday morning we all got up early and headed our separate ways. We really enjoyed Dallas and can't wait to get back there again sometime very soon!










0 comments:
Post a Comment