1.02.2008

New Year's Resolutions

Happy 2008! I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year!! We had a great, relaxing holiday. In fact, it was so relaxing we failed to take very many pictures, thus I don't have much to show all of you (all 4 of you, that is). I was happy that I was able to spend some quality time with Brandon, since he's been traveling so much lately. We got a special dose of QT as we waited, trapped in our house, for a blizzard to pass so we could travel to Garden City. However, we ended up making the drive (after waiting around for 6 hours) and arrived safe and sound!

So, I don't typically make New Year's resolutions, but this year, I'm going to try. I'm not going to set definite goals that I ultimately ignore or can't achieve (for example - lose x amount of pounds, spend x amount of time doing this or that, etc.). Instead, I'm going to set more general goals/resolutions and hope those turn into more monumental things. So here it goes:

Try to live a healthier life by eating better and exercising more. I'm going to try to cut out soda, limit my sweets, eat more vegetables and move around more. I don't want to be chained to a regimented diet or work-out. I just want to be healthier.

Reorganize and thoroughly clean my house and keep it that way (this will take a little help from the husband, of course). I want everything in my house to have a place and to stay in that place. I want to clean out and organize closets, move furniture around so it is functional and not just taking up space, buy organizing baskets, totes, whatever it takes and label them so we know what is supposed to be there, clean out and get rid of duplicate items (and resolve not to buy duplicates simply because I can't find the original - this is mainly for the kitchen), build a "pantry" cabinet in the kitchen to allow for more space so my cabinets are not over-flowing and clean underneath the beds (we tend to put things there simply because we don't know where else to put them). I also want to have a simple cleaning routine that doesn't take 4 hours to complete.

Spend more quality time with Brandon that doesn't involve house work, errands, etc. I'm not set on doing something every week or anything, I just want to spend more time together doing things we enjoy. This could be going to get ice cream, going to the driving range, watching movies, playing foosball, etc.

Volunteer some of my time at the church. I'm not sure what areas I want to serve in exactly or in what capacity I want to volunteer, but I want to do something. Our church has is huge and is always looking for people to help with annual projects, weekly information booths, baking cookies for new visitors, etc. So, basically any help will be worth it.

Read!!! I hate reading and honestly, haven't read a book in several years. However, I know reading is good for the brain, so I want to read. In my opinion, it could be a book, a magazine or the newspaper, whatever it is, I want to spend time reading it and not just glance through it. Any good book suggestions???

Now, how is that for resolutions??? First on the list - take down the Christmas decorations!

1 comments:

Kevin and Megan said...

so to help you along the way of eating more veggies, may I make a suggestion? good.

I got Jessica Seinfield's new cookbook "Deceptively Delicious" (the one where she purees all her veggies and hides it in the food so her kids will eat it) and am deadset on using it so that Kevin and I can actually get our daily dose (which currently IF we eat veggies with dinner its either canned green beans or corn) SO this way we can eat things like broccoli (which I hate), carrots, butternut squash, etc. The dinners are indeed deceptively delicious. I highly recommend.

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates