1.10.2010

The Big 3-0!

Today is Brandon's 30th birthday! Can you believe he's 30?!?! I asked him today if he thought this is where he'd be when he was 30 and he told me no. I think he thought he would have kids by this point, or at least be playing in the Major League (ha ha!). I have to remind him that I'm still young and he's still young-at-heart so we have plenty of time to have kids. And, his shot of playing in the Major League is still not out of the question. Remember the movie "The Rookie"? He did tell me that he is happy with where he is in life and that he wouldn't change anything about it! He isn't really bothered by turning 30, but he definitely didn't want to draw much attention to his birthday, but I wasn't about to let that happen!

We had a fun weekend of celebrating his birthday. I caved and gave him his birthday present Friday night. For once, I think I truly surprised him by buying him an iPod Touch. It wasn't something he had ever really mentioned wanting, but I just thought he would like it and I was right. He hasn't really put it down until this evening!

Saturday I let him sleep in a little and then we met my parents for lunch at Sabor in Old Town and then we went shopping. He used some birthday money to buy a few iPod accessories and some running clothes and then we picked up a surprise cookie cake from my siblings.

It's not the best picture, but it says "Happy Birthday Old Geezer!" - Someone had to give him a little bit of a hard time!

Later in the evening we headed to Bonefish for dinner and then came home to be surprised by his parents who came to town for his birthday (I was in on the surprise)! They also brought along a surprise of their own - a new tool chest for the garage (I don't have a picture yet)! He was totally caught off guard :)

Finally today, his real birthday, we had a leisurely morning and then headed to church. Then, we came home and prepared for his family birthday dinner with his parents, sister and brother-in-law and my aunts and uncle and cousins. Since Brandon's favorite food is pizza, I decided to do a homemade pizza bar. I made PW's Pizza Dough (courtesy of my PW cookbook!) and we rolled out a personal sized pizza crust for everyone and then had an array of toppings and let everyone make their own pizza. After lunch we did cake and ice cream, complete with 30 candles on the cake. He definitely didn't show his age because he pretty much blew all of the candles out with one breath!

We capped off the afternoon with a few rounds of Rummikub and Quiddler and then said our good-byes to his parents.

I would be remiss if I didn't brag on Brandon a little bit on his birthday. I'm not sure if any of you know this or not, but I'm one lucky girl to be married to this guy!! He's a great leader in our marriage, he keeps me on my toes with his silly antics and funny jokes, he's a hard worker and he has developed a passion for his job and thus for projects around the house, he loves being active and is always looking for new fun things to do, he isn't afraid to try something new (i.e. photography), he knows when to give and he knows when to hold back, he's sensitive, he loves our dog like a child (even if he won't admit it) and he's my best friend!

Happy 30th Birthday, honey!

0 comments:

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates