1.23.2010

One of Those Days...

It is not very often that we wake up on Saturday morning without any plans. But today was one of those days! While it was a busy day, it wasn't a "planned" day.

We got up and had a semi-leisurely morning; frozen waffles and cereal for breakfast (not together, though - B had a waffle and I had cereal), a little TV and a quick shower. Then I accompanied Brandon to his office so he could get a few things done before Monday. I wasn't of much help to him as I was consumed with finding new recipes online, but I was there for moral support! After about an hour we headed to the mall. Brandon needed some new cologne (it's a new scent for him) and JCPenny's was having a sale on sheets. We both walked out happy and headed to lunch at Knolla's Pizza. We don't eat there very often and we always leave saying "We need to eat here more often," so maybe we'll make that happen.

After lunch, Brandon got a burst of energy and decided to tackle some yard work. By the time he was finished, we had two truckloads of rock laid (with weed barrier) along our back fence (to keep the dog from continuing to kill the grass with the path he wears while barking at the neighbor's dogs), trimmed shrubs, a shortened gate and a few other miscellaneous items completed! Talk about productive! To some this sounds like work, but to Brandon it is definitely pleasure.

While he was working, I tidied up the house, did a little laundry and made a Sonic run. I also made some AWESOME Blondies. I've been trying to find a recipe that rivals the Blonde Witches we found in NYC and I think I might have come VERY close! I highly recommend these guys to everyone!

We also watched the Cat's disappointing loss to the Cowboys. To make matters worse, my boss is an OSU Alum and I was doing a bit of smack talking on Friday - oops!

Now, tonight we plan to make dinner and just relax. We might have to break out Rummikub, our new obsession, or find a movie on TV that we can both agree on (never an easy task), but whatever we do, it will be a perfect ending to one of those perfect days!

0 comments:

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates