6.20.2010

Weekend Recipes

We have had a pretty productive weekend (laundry, errands, yard work, deck staining, etc.) and it was topped off by a delicious Sunday dinner (mostly) on the grill.

We had marinated grilled pork chops, grilled potatoes and fresh green beans from the farmer's market (at least for me).


The pork chop marinade is a recipe my grandma used to make and is one of my all time favorite summer recipes!  It can be used for pork chops or pork tenderloin.  This is definitely a recipe you should try soon!

Marinated Pork Chops
4 pork chops (I used two very large, boneless pork chops)
12 oz. lemonade concentrate, thawed
2/3 c. soy sauce
2 tsp. season salt
1 tsp. celery salt
1/4 tsp. garlic powder

Combine all ingredients in a shallow dish and marinate for 24 hours, rotating half-way through.  

I also tried another new recipe, peanut butter bites, tonight that I found here.  These remind me of the peanut butter balls that people make around Christmas time.  I had all of the ingredients on hand and it honestly took me 15 minutes from start to finish (with the exception of the cooling time).  And, they are REALLY good and REALLY addicting!!


Peanut Butter Bites
 
3/4 cup oats
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 tbs honey
3/4 cup chocolate chips

Lightly coat a baking sheet with cooking spray. Stir together the oats, peanut butter, and honey. Roll them into 1 inch (walnut sized) balls and place them on the cookie sheet. Melt chocolate chips in the microwave in 30 second intervals, until smooth. Dip peanut butter bites in the melted chocolate to coat. Return to the cookie sheet and refrigerate until set. Place in a zip-top bag (or just devour). 

I hope you had a lovely weekend!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

the pork chops sound really great, except till you got to the lemonade, then hubby vetoed trying. he doesn't like fruit taste on his meat but think I will try and spring it on him when he doesn't know it. really enjoy reading what you guys are up too. enjoy the week

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates