2.23.2011

Belated Weekend Wrap-Up

I know I'm posting this Weekend Wrap-Up on Wednesday, but in all honesty, I haven't been in much of a mood to blog lately.  Sure we have had plenty going on, but for some reason the creative bug has momentarily left me.  But, I do have a few things on the horizon that are fun, so it will be back soon, I'm sure!

In the mean time, we did have a good weekend!  On Friday night I went to the Music Theatre for Young People to watch their performance of "All Shook Up", but more importantly to watch my friend's daughter who was in the show.  It was surprisingly fun and I was so impressed with all of the kids in the show (ranging from elementary to high school students).

Saturday morning, we got up bright and early and went to breakfast together and then took Koby for a walk.  The weather was so nice (a tad bit humid, but we didn't mind) and Koby was so happy to be out of the house!  Later that day, we had an opportunity to go to the Extreme Makover Home Edition build site here in town to watch the construction of a house they are building for a local family.  Boy, was it interesting!  Brandon, of course, was in awe of the construction.  At one point we overheard the head builder say they were seven hours ahead of schedule.  Brandon turned to me and told me that he couldn't imagine working up a construction schedule in hours.  Needless to say, it was pretty much organized chaos but they were making huge progress.  Here are a couple of pics I snapped with my phone...


{The gal in the plaid shirt is Jillian Harris from The Bachelor and Bachelorette and she also is a
designer for the show!  Yes, I might have been a bit star struck!}

{Paul, another one of the designers for the show.}

{Jillian again...}

{The gal in the pink is Paige, another designer.}


Saturday night, we had Brandon's sister and her husband over for dinner.  We hadn't seen them in a while so it was nice to catch up.  I made Pasta Bravo for dinner and the best peanut butter and chocolate chip cookies for dessert.  Seriously, these cookies are to die for!

Sunday morning, we headed to church and then came home and worked around the house for most of the rest of the day.  We cleaned out the inside of our cars, did a little yard work, picked up the inside of the house, ran a few errands and then just relaxed the rest of the evening. 

I've decided as much as I love Sundays, I really hate Sunday evenings because the work week is drawing near.  Oh well, that's life I suppose!




Photobucket

0 comments:

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates