2.24.2011

February To-Do List Item #3...

...Join a friend as we test the waters with a new business idea.  CHECK!




I am pleased to announce that my friend Ali and I have created a little business called Grocery Girls!  We have been trying to think of ways we could combine our talents (we are both marketing majors, we both like to cook, she sews, etc.) to make money.  We've thought of all sorts of ideas but none of them ever seemed to be just right.  Then, one day I wrote this post and that is when the light bulb went off!  Between the post and a couple of conversations Ali had with different friends, we decided we should give Grocery Girls a try!

We offer meal planning with pre-made grocery lists, personal grocery shopping and grocery delivery for people who work long hours, have kids they don't want to drag to the store, are home-bound or do not drive, dread coming up with ideas for meals, hate fighting the crowds at the store, etc.  Since I work full time, I will initially do more of the behind the scenes work and Ali will do most of the shopping and then we will both do deliveries if necessary.  If this takes off and we get a lot of customers, then I will pitch in and do some shopping in the evenings.

If you or someone you know who lives in our area would be interested, please email
grocerygirlsict@gmail.com for more information and we'd be happy to visit with them!

So, there you have it...our new business venture!  Here is to hoping it takes off!! 



Photobucket

1 comments:

Tracie said...

I didn't know the Grocery Girls was you and Ali! I saw the flyer at MAPS this morning. Very neat! Hope you get lots of business. I actually was doing some considering this morning because Alexa is so hard to drag along and Adam working such long hours.

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates