3.25.2008

Weekend Review

****EDIT****

Easter pictures are below!!

Well, I had hoped to have my pictures from the weekend downloaded by now, but I don't. So, I will do my weekend review without them:

  • Friday night was filled with cleaning and cooking in preparation for my cousin's shower on Saturday and Easter dinner on Sunday. In one night, I made a double batch of 2 different fruit dips, 60 cupcakes (the number was an accident) and a quadruple batch of seasoned pretzels, and that was just for the shower!!
  • Saturday morning I woke up and mopped floors and finished preparing for the shower. We had a smaller crowd than most of our family showers, but it was still fun! We had a good time talking and telling stories about the bride-to-be, eating lots of food and really just enjoying time together!
  • Saturday evening, my parents spent the night with us, so that meant that Koby got lots of good QT with his grandmomma and granddaddy and his buddy, Tucker! Brandon and I got to spend some good time with them as well. Mom and I also hauled out all of my china for the first time. We had to hand wash everything because it has never been used! After we completed that task, we set the tables for Easter dinner and I filled Easter eggs to put out as the centerpiece. Mom came to the conclusion that I'm still missing some important pieces of my china, so I assume I will be receiving that as gifts for the next several birthdays! We also introduced them to The Office, but I'm not sure they enjoyed it as much as we do.
  • Sunday, we woke up bright and early for Easter Sunday church. It was a bit chilly, so my dress didn't keep me all that warm. After church, we went home to start cooking for lunch. We had intended to put the ham in the oven on time bake and we managed to set the oven, but left the ham in the refrigerator!! Luckily with ham, it just has to be warmed through! I made up dinner roll dough in my bread machine, but the rolls didn't exactly rise too well. Those were really the only fiascos, so that was good. Brandon grilled some wonderful pineapple to serve with the ham, we also had roasted asparagus, cream cheese corn, a fruit salad, potatoes and left over cupcakes for dessert. The Shines, Aunt Donna and Grandpa joined us for lunch, and I think everyone was full and happy, especially my grandpa who was found sacked on the couch, snoring!
  • We spent the rest of Sunday just relaxing with my parents, who ended up spending Sunday night with us as well. We went to see my aunt Donna's new home and took them on a tour of Brandon's office.

Easter Table, minus a few plates. Also, the only tablecloth I had was a white one, so my china doesn't look spectacular, but it worked okay.

Kids Table + my parents:

Part of the family eating lunch:

I hope everyone else had a very Happy Easter!

1 comments:

Ally_C said...

YES! It was Bradley Paper -- I love that place so much, but HOLY MOLY! It was going to be 88 cents per sheet to have them print the covers -- and I was planning on making about 300 or so. So... time to move to plan B (and I have no idea what that is right this second!).

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates