2.17.2008

Saturday.

Well, I was still feeling under the weather on Saturday. I thought I was feeling better initially, but I wasn't. However, I did get enough energy to venture out to Wal-Mart to pick out paint for our laundry room. We were just tired of it looking like a dumping ground, so we decided it needed a face lift. Here are the sort-of-before pictures (we had already taken out the washer and dryer):

Brandon worked really hard to get the room cleaned up, painted and put back together. For a guy who hates to paint, he really does a great job!! So, here are the after pics:

Yes, it is quite green, but we thought "Hey, it's the laundry room, let's make it fun!". Notice the calendar and note board on the wall and the coat rack? Yes, we're organized!!

I also got a chance to use my Valentine's gift. I was craving some sort of comfort food to soothe my aching body, so I made chicken and dumplings. Here is an "in-progress" shot of the pot! Isn't it beautiful?!?!

There is a slight learning curve with this pot. You only need to cook food on low to medium heat. Well, I wasn't sure what medium heat was exactly, so I set my knob on the "6". Oops, that was a little too hot! While the dumplings were cooking, the carrots, celery and potatoes stuck to the bottom. However, I rescued what I could and Brandon seemed happy with the meal. He said it hit the spot! It must have been that slight smoky flavor ;)

1 comments:

Kevin and Megan said...

sounds like you have the flu...that's how mine sounded anyway. Andy wanted me to ask you if Koby was coming to visit him too. He misses his friend.

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates