We had a fun and relaxing Valentine's Day last night, but it was not without some good frustration. You see, Brandon had been telling me not to get him anything because the day was supposed to be all about the girl. Well this frustrated me because I love buying gifts and celebrating holidays. So, knowing he would do something, I knew I couldn't just show up empty handed, so I went and bought him the usual holiday staple - boxers. Well, you might understand why I was surprised and frustrated when I got home and found this waiting for me
Oh my gosh!! I was soo excited and shocked!!! When Brandon said he wanted to do something special for me, I was NOT expecting something like this!! It is an enamel cast iron dutch oven pot. I've been wanting one for a long time, but typically they are pretty expensive. But, on our recent trip to KC, we saw this set at Crate and Barrel and they were much cheaper than the others I had been looking at. So, with some help from my sister-in-law and my mom, Brandon pulled off the surprise! Needless to say, I was slightly embarrassed of the gift I gave, so I didn't even take a picture.
After the gift giving, we started our dinner. I made tomato and basil bruschetta with crostini (fancy word for toast) for our appetizer, a romaine salad and lasagna for dinner. The lasagna didn't look too appetizing in the photo, though.
Brandon was in charge of the dessert, since my first attempt turned out horribly. Here is a final shot of the cream cheese filled chocolate cupcakes - mmmmm!!!! He did a great job, despite the stupid oven issues!
And finally, I had to show off our Valentines from my mom and dad:
Cute slipper socks, for me of course (I'm not sure Brandon would be into these):
Fun Valentine plate and candles:
A bag of Hershey Kisses for Brandon:
I also received the red sweater I'm wearing above!
I hope everyone else had a fun and memorable Valentine's Day!


0 comments:
Post a Comment